The U.S. Effect

12/19
3:57 PM

I'm thinking about what sort of impact the U.S. has on Art and Design... or vice versa. Personally, when I think about America, it is this vastly differed place. People from all over the world come and live together here, sharing and spreading their way of life amongst the rest of us. Just like anything from clothing to food, Art and Design thrive in this "melting pot" environment. 
I think the racial diversity that America provides for artists is incredible. I mean, it goes further here than just kids of different backgrounds simply going to school with one another. This is a place where families are biracial and kids are mixed-- brought up in one world that was once two. I feel like America gives a lot of opportunity for artists and people to see a large range of artistic products and styles. Visually to me, this looks like a portrait with odd facial features and an array of colorful patterns throughout. 
On the other hand, I think Art for America is really just... expression. It's the product of emotion and passion from the people living here. I can only imagine it is a reflection of America's diversity. That meaning it is extremely diverse itself. If I had to take a guess, I would guess that America holds the most diverse pieces of Art in the world. 


Comments


  1. I celebrate the diversity in America and art, like music, is a wonderful way to bring people of different ethnic backgrounds together. We are stronger when united. There is great power in art that can and does help us to find common ground. It also helps to build stronger communities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment