Inspiration

Politics and natural disasters are hugely responsible for a lot of artwork that is produced-- I think. While I do not have extensive knowledge on Art or its history, I did study it a little bit in high school. Mostly, I was focused on satirical and politically-influenced artwork. A lot of the images we looked were linked to war time. Such as recruiting posters, or even anti-war posters. We kind of poked at each detail of these paintings and thought about why the artist would have chosen this way. What I began to notice as a general theme is that artists really capture hidden meanings behind their choices of detail. During the World Wars there were a lot of things being expressed, especially through art. Other things like elections will also bring out the colors in America. People will make paintings rooting for their favored candidate or putting down one that they don’t like. I think about global warming when I hear “global issues” and it reminds me of all the videos and pictures going around on social media of animals hurting from the changing environment. Those are all really powerful reminders to me because its real live footage most time of an animal in despair due to the globally unhealthy environment right now. Since most people do not see these effects first hand, it is bitter sweet to see a short film an artist put together so that I could see the dying polar bears even from the east coast. Nature is simply an undoubted source of inspiration. While politics is inspirational, too, I think it works its magic in a different way in that it brings out the opinions and feelings in people and some definitely chose to express them through art. 

Comments

  1. As society changes, art changes. There is no shortage of inspiration of art created in light of the politics in America. And yes, thanks to technology we are able to better understand the effects of climate change in places far from where we live. For me, nature, any day of the year is truly a gift not to be taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment